Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Eisenhower kickoff

I'm in Philadelphia for a meeting of all the USA and International Fellows. An amazing group of people that I'm looking forward to working and exchanging ideas with.  I'm particularly interested in speaking with Paul Nicolarakis from Australia, who wants to establish a social enterprise supporting healthy life extension, and Stacy Chang from California, who will travel to Kenya and Sweden to identify solutions for global health.

Speaking of which, I just read a fascinating article in the Atlantic that came to my attention via Sophia Schlette, a health policy expert that I will have the honor of speaking with when I'm in Germany later this month.  The article clearly shows how successful health initiatives are those that meet people where they are and then make incremental changes, or as Vesa Korpelainen says in the piece, "relentless, congenial nudging."

No comments:

Post a Comment